This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DracoDormiens

2+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I think you should use the new individual letters you have. The whole point of reapplying is to show schools how you've improved/changed, so submitting an old composite letter from undergrad a few years ago is not going to help you as much as individual letters would from these new experiences. I don't even think your situation of not using the composite letter would warrant an explanation since you've been to grad school too. But yeah I 100% think you should go with the individual letters.

Reactions: 1 user
I had a similar situation. Had a bunch of letters from 5ish years ago that were really good but old, and then got some newer letters as well to highlight new experiences. I didn't have the option of a "composite" letter, so no advice there. Submitted 2 old and 3 new-- covers the bases of 2 science profs and one non-science, as well as highlighting my nonacademic stuff.

No one seemed to have any issues, but I'd recommend getting the older letters updated with a sentence or two. If schools are going to nit-pick about you not using the composite letter system because you wanted to update letters, the can shove it.

Status
Not open for further replies.