This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1187613

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would prefer to attend a US-MD school if possible.
You are no longer in a bargaining position. You must include DO schools.

If you were dismissed for poor academic performance, it will be very difficult. It isn't impossible; maybe going through an SMP will help.

You should add DO. You should consider PA. Swallow your pride and consider the other careers in healthcare.

Reactions: 3 users
There are a handful of threads about people who were dismissed and later managed to get back into a different school that you can find by searching on SDN. The bottom line is that people have found success, rarely, but they all generally had some pretty unique circumstances that allowed them to be successful when reapplying (i.e. they were a highly competitive applicant originally who wound up matriculating at a school that was just wrong for their learning style and they got back in at a less competitive school).

Before you embark on this, I think the first question you need to answer is, "Why do you expect a different outcome this time?" You had a low GPA in the first place, identified stressors external to school that you were worried enough about to delay matriculation for a year, so there were signs from the beginning that you might struggle academically. You already had a chance, tried setting yourself up for success as best as possible, and it wasn't enough--so why should a school give you a second chance over another student who hasn't already shown an inability to perform academically? Truly I am asking not to kick you while you're down, but you need to understand that this is the question you'll get if you do eventually get another chance to interview.

So before you worry about the logistics and sequencing of how to approach reapplying, my advice is to focus on yourself. Maybe find some success in another field. Grow as a person. But I worry if you rush headlong into another reapplication immediately that, even if you find a school willing to take another chance on you, you might run into the same problems in the future.

Reactions: 1 user