Recent grad advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ontherise9

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello!

I recently graduated in May 2022. I started at a community college immature, lost, and unsure. I studied biology and took all of the prerequisite courses besides physics 2. Those courses are a mix of A, B, Cs.
I then went on to a University and majored in Psychology and Neuroscience with a GPA of 3.7.

I have been thinking about going into a DPT program for a while.

I want to know:
How does it look to retake multiple pre-req courses now that I have graduated? Setting aside GRE and Observation hours, Will programs see me as a competitive applicant if I retake these courses with As?

Any advice or input is greatly appreciated. Thank you.
 
Absolutely. I retook 3 classes as a post bacc and just got accepted. It’ll boost your pGPA and show that you’re serious about going. Some schools average your retake so just be aware of that