Recommendation Letters for Reapp

Started by harkasan
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

harkasan

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am reapplying to MD schools this year from my apps last year. I graduated undergrad in 2000 and from a SMP in 2001. between then and now I have taken 35 hours of postbac undergrad classes to improve my prereq's. in those postbac undergrad classes, I have made all A's. the recs I used last year were from a physics, anatomy, and psychology professor.

my question is what I should do with recs for this upcoming year. I spoke to a dean of admissions at one MD school and he recommended getting a rec from my masters program. I don't know if a rec from one of those professors will be any good as it was about 5 years ago and I don't think I did very much to stand out in that class.....especially 5 years later. I could get recs from professors in my second semester bio class I took this spring and one from my organic I professor from the spring as well.

any suggestions?
 
I am a reapplicant using a couple letters from my last go-around (applied in 2004), but I got an updated letter from my advisor and another physician letter. My pre-med advisor said that the 2004 letters would be fine to use as well.