Recommendation Letters

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

radiohead7272

Full Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone. I am planning on applying next year in fall 09 but already received 2 letters from a distinguished professor and a phd candidate from research(have 2 letters stored through the career center at my university). I was wondering if most optometry schools will accept these letters being about a year old come fall 09 and if they accept letters from one optometrist, a distinguished science professor and a phd candidate. Thank you!
 
Yes, I can say with 100% confidence that my letters from an O.D., Ph.D., and employer were from '07, '07, and '06 respectively and I was accepted this year for the entering class of '09 at IU.
 
Last edited:
Some schools actually recommend you submit them early. They will create a file under your name prior to even applying.