Recommender Ask What to Highlight

Started by tubatu111
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

tubatu111

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi guys,

A few of the schools I plan on applying to this upcoming 2015-16 cycle indicates that they require a "General Professor" letter of recommendation. I have reached out to such a professor and she indicated that she "would be glad to do this." I was asked of a few things I would like her to "highlight". Understandably I am unclear about how to reply. Some informed advice with be appreciated.

Thanks
 
What attributes would you like her to focus on? Your dedication? Your commitment? Your enthusiasm? Extracurricular? Active and enthusiastic participant in class?
 
Tell her about any volunteer, shadowing, you have done so she can say you're dedicated and hard-working 🙂