Recording Lectures

Started by IDr10
This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

IDr10

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone have a recommendation on good quality recording device to record lectures? Does anyone use their Ipod?
 
Where are you going to school?

At SCO our lecture audios are recorded and posted onto Sharepoint (our internal network).
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
yep 🙂 for scco its a service you sign up for... you basically record 1-2 lectures per quarter and you type it up word-for word transcript and then you get all lectures in hard copy form. its much better than trying to listen to all the lectures yourself....
 
I'll be at Ohio State in a few weeks. During the interview process I asked if the professors used podcast and apparently they don't. I'm still hopeful this will change while I'm there.
 
yep 🙂 for scco its a service you sign up for... you basically record 1-2 lectures per quarter and you type it up word-for word transcript and then you get all lectures in hard copy form. its much better than trying to listen to all the lectures yourself....

What I was trying to say was that the school records the lectures for you and posts them online. But, yeah, SCO also has that note taking service with the transcripts and all that. The note takers are REALLY helpful with some classes, would you agree!! 🙂