rejected from US Med schools/when to apply to Ross, st george??

Started by bpvm99
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

bpvm99

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, I am in the process of applying to med schools here in the US. If I don't get in the first time should I reapply thru AMCAS or consider applying abroad? Are foreign medical graduates really that disadvantaged?? It seems as though schools like Ross and St. George are ok but are they really a scam or legitimate?? If my dream is to become a doctor then should I consider going to a Caribbean school?? If so which one is the absolute best?? Thanks, B
 
Hey,

The only school in the Carribean with any kind of respecting name is St. George's. The education there is as good as most average U.S. medical schools, and residency programs aren't too negative.

Ross and Sint Eustacius.... They're well...

I won't say anything bad about anyone's school.

I wouldn't go to them though.

W.