Reporting Volunteer/Shadowing Hours

Started by rokata94
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

rokata94

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
A number of my volunteering and leadership experience happened a while back in University and I am unsure of how many hours I completed exactly with various activities, since I didn't keep records of much. Is there a strict vetting process through the AADSAS? Should I try to find out the exact quantity of my contributions or could I offer a rough estimate without having any potential issues?
 
Estimates man. They're not going to verify your volunteering hours, much less to the dot.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Try to estimate as best you can, no one's gonna fault you for it being wrong unless the number sticks out or is unusually high. But if it was clocked, like in a clinic or hospital, def call and ask for exact numbers as those are filed/can be checked
 
Do people blatantly make up hours for experiences when they click submit if they plan on doing more down the line in the next year?