Requests for Second Visits???

Started by trg2002
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

T

trg2002

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just got an email for one of my preliminary programs for a second visit. What's the deal with this? The email says we would meet with residents, go to morning report and rounds...

Is the request for a second visit usually for those applicants on the fence?

I'm not going to be able to go back to visit this place...Is this going to lower my chances? I guess it could, but I have a legit reason for not going back...

Anyway, anyone experience this yet/before?

Thanks,
TRG
 
that is rediculous. this whole second-look thing is such a farce. it seems like programs EXPECT you to come back for a second-look to prove to them that you are interested. isn't spending $500+ for flight and hotel enough to say you are taking this seriously, especially if you send a nice thank you and keep in touch.

i'm not sure how you should take that offer. i haven't heard of that happening - usually it is just a casual offer during the interview.

anyone else fed up with the politics involved in this process?
 
Actually, it was a mass e-mail to maybe 15 people with this generic request to re-visit for a second look.

I've ranked this place last on my list of prelim spots anyway...(Finally put in my rank list yesterday!)

I agree, what's the deal with that.

Cheers,
TRG