Residency interviews

Started by UHS2002
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

UHS2002

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ok, well informed folks, please, help me out!
I have been pouring over residency materials and a lot of programs state you must call them to schedule an interview. All these programs participate in ERAS. So, how does it work??? You send in your ERAS application and then what??? You have to call them to ask if they want to interview you? They send you a letter saying they want to interview you and THEN you call them to schedule?

I am totally confused now. Please, keep the good info coming.
 
Once you submit your ERAS application to the programs you are interested in, they will contact you by either conventional "snail" mail or by e-mail. Most, if not all, programs are now notifying candidates by e-mail if they are extending you an interview. They will also supply a list of dates on which interviews will take place. You will then contact them back, either by phone or e-mail, with the date you choose to meet with them. Some programs will even notify you with an e-mail even if they are NOT extending you an interview. Hope this helps. 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Chico is right. I don't know of any schools which ask you to schedule an interview without an invitation. Almost all of my interviews, with a few exceptions, came via email to which I was required to respond in kind or via phone. I'm sure that's what your programs are implying.