Residency Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

NeuroRehabilitation

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey all,

If anyone has done a residency or plans to, I'd like to pick your brain. I am 100% certain I will be pursuing a Neurological Residency post-DPT and was wondering how difficult it really is to be accepted. Would it be wise to attend a DPT program that has a residency program as well? Additionally, can top schools play more of a role here in terms landing a residency? I'm curious to know what residency programs truly look for in a recent DPT graduate (NPTE score, class rank, research, etc.) I've already looked at residencies off of APTA, but would love some of your first-hand advice.

Thanks!