Residency relocation loans

Started by PediaSure
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

PediaSure

Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don't know whether this belongs under FA or residency, so here goes... Does anyone have experience with the private loans provided by TERI or SunTrust Bank Physician signature loans? I have received brochures for both. If you have an opinion on these loans or any other private loans, please reply.

Relocation is a expensive. I read in an earlier post that we should not expect a paycheck until August. How the hell can I live until then!😡
 
Key bank also has relocation loans. I think AMSA might also have something available. Check out the rates carefully. One place I saw had a very low interest rate, but added 6% when the loan goes into repayment, and 2% when the funds are dispursed!

I decided that I'd take out yet another loan because there is no way that I could manage on what I have in reserve! Security deposits, moving (even though I'm going to be reimbursed, the movers are gonna want their money up-front), furniture, etc.
 
Does anyone know if relocation loans, other than the medex loans, can be deferred like our medloans? I would appreciate any info on such loans. thanks
P
 
I have seen residency loans available from Medloans (Bank One?) and Citibank that both seem very reasonable. I decided to go with Citibank because you can take out more ($12000) and they don't take any fees out of the check before they send it to you, but you do end up with a slightly higher interest rate. I don't know if you can defer these or not, but the repayment ends up being something like $100-200/month, so you might as well start paying it off now before you have to start paying back the big loans.