Retake January PCAT?

Started by SA90
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

SA90

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I took the October PCAT for the first time and ended up with a 79 comp with 77 Quant, 85 Chemistry, 84 biology, 77 verbal, 40 in reading comp, and 3/3 on the essay. I have a 3.91 GPA. I'm applying to the University of Florida. Should I retake in January or is this good enough? 😕
 
Hard to say. A 79 with mid 80's in biology and chemistry is a solid score. If your application is lacking in other areas like experience or leadership then I would retake. If it's not, I wouldn't. Especially if you think there's a possibility that your Bio/Chem scores could go down.
 
Hard to say. A 79 with mid 80's in biology and chemistry is a solid score. If your application is lacking in other areas like experience or leadership then I would retake. If it's not, I wouldn't. Especially if you think there's a possibility that your Bio/Chem scores could go down.

Yeah, I definitely would not want to retake it for my reading to go up and the chem and bio scores to go down. I don't know. I have over 100 volunteer hours but no pharmacy experience. I should probably retake it.