Retaking a Class

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

anonymoose410

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got a C- in my micro class from the university I was at last year.

I have already graduated, but didn't have the chance to retake the class at the university, since it is only offered once a year and fills up FAST. I decided to retake it at the community college, but it wasn't offered during summer and filled up really fast for fall semester, which started August 25. I attended all 4 lectures hoping I would be able to add it, but no luck.. so I have to wait until spring semester!!

My question is.. since a grade of C or better is required for pharmacy school applications, will they look down on/reject my application because I haven't been able to retake the class and post a better grade yet?? If so.. I'm just wasting my money applying this year and may as well just wait until the next application cycle. 🙁
 
I got a C- in my micro class from the university I was at last year.

I have already graduated, but didn't have the chance to retake the class at the university, since it is only offered once a year and fills up FAST. I decided to retake it at the community college, but it wasn't offered during summer and filled up really fast for fall semester, which started August 25. I attended all 4 lectures hoping I would be able to add it, but no luck.. so I have to wait until spring semester!!

My question is.. since a grade of C or better is required for pharmacy school applications, will they look down on/reject my application because I haven't been able to retake the class and post a better grade yet?? If so.. I'm just wasting my money applying this year and may as well just wait until the next application cycle. 🙁
Most schools will probably look down upon it, but they can still accept you provided you get a passing grade prior to matriculating next fall. I would assume they treat it similarly to an incomplete pre-req in terms of you must take that class again and earn a passing grade before you start pharmacy school.