Retaking Classes.

Started by kbxc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

kbxc

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My first two years of college I was lazy and I think I have finally started to turn the corner and I'm doing extremely well in my higher courses. I have received 2 C's and 2 C+'s in undergrad so far. C in Stats, and Gen Chem 1 and a C+ in Bio 1. and Anat 2. Should I retake Chem 1, Bio 1 and stats despite the fact that I am a junior in college?
 
Re-take them if you have room in your schedule or you can retake them during the summer. It definitely helps - but since you're almost done - the most important thing is getting your degree - i believe - you'll be more competitive and 4 C's aren't that bad - shouldn't damage your gpa too much - just keep doing well.
 
Do Pharmacy schools look down on retakes?... Because i was lazy my freshmen year and got two B's in Gen Chem 1 & 2. which is 30 quality hours. If i retake and get the A's that i know i get get now that i'm a bit more focused would turn that into 40 quality hours and up my pre-req GPA by .3 or .4?

Would they look at my new score or do they only look at the first grade?

Anyone have experience with this?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
B's are fine - dont retake them, waste of money. Just do well on orgo chem and the rest of the pre-reqs, take higher level classes too, they like to see that you can handle upper level classes - certain schools prefer higher level classes while others would average your retakes and few have grade forgiveness.