RN vs NP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

SinderellaVamp

New Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How do the duties of an RN differ from those of an NP? Do NPs do all the bedside nursing duties like an RN? I am in school getting my bachelor's degree in Psychology but I am thinking of later doing the nursing thing. Hopefully I will be either a NNP or a PNP.

Thanks,
Casey 😕
 
Well to get to being an NP you will have to do all the bedside nursing. 🙂

I started with a degree in Psychology.

As far as what you will do as an NP it really depends on what specialty. I am a PMH-NP so that is really all I can talk about. I don't do any bed side nursing any more.

I did a whole lot of bedside nursing on the way here.🙂

AxisNP