-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Rol 2009
Started by tig3r
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
How about you?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It's been quiet in here these days.
Anybody want to start? 😀
I'll show you mine if you show me yours, dirty boy. 😛
I'll show you mine if you show me yours, dirty boy. 😛
That's what she said!
Although, any information current residents would like to share with respect to programs they interviewed at and liked, disliked, etc. would be greatly appreciated as we lead up to the big deadline. Thanks in advance.
I would be happy to give my thoughts on the programs I saw, with the rose-colored glasses that I gave relatively more importance to CP training than your average applicant (I am AP/CP).
BCM
Methodist
UPenn
UCLA
WashU
BWH
MGH
UPitt
U Wash
Yale
Cornell
I'd also be happy to give my thoughts on all the programs I saw too.
Indiana
Cleveland Clinic
U Penn
Pitt
UVA
UNC
UAB
MUSC
Kentucky
Michigan
PM me if you'd like to hear my opinion =)
Indiana
Cleveland Clinic
U Penn
Pitt
UVA
UNC
UAB
MUSC
Kentucky
Michigan
PM me if you'd like to hear my opinion =)
I would be happy to give my thoughts on the programs I saw, with the rose-colored glasses that I gave relatively more importance to CP training than your average applicant (I am AP/CP).
BCM
Methodist
UPenn
UCLA
WashU
BWH
MGH
UPitt
U Wash
Yale
Cornell
What are your thoughts on Penn?
So who's going to be bold and post first? I'm waiting until after 9PM in case I make any last minute changes. =)
1. Penn
2. Michigan
3. Cleveland Clinic
4. Indiana
5. Iowa
6. Mayo
7. Utah
8. Duke
9. UVA
10. U Chicago
11. Stanford
12. Wash U
13. Ball
Good luck to everyone!
2. Michigan
3. Cleveland Clinic
4. Indiana
5. Iowa
6. Mayo
7. Utah
8. Duke
9. UVA
10. U Chicago
11. Stanford
12. Wash U
13. Ball
Good luck to everyone!
Last edited:
And now we wait
1. UNC
2. MUSC
3. UCSD
4. UTSW
5. UNM
6. Duke
7. Vanderbilt
8. UVA

1. UNC
2. MUSC
3. UCSD
4. UTSW
5. UNM
6. Duke
7. Vanderbilt
8. UVA
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Penn
Michigan
UVA
Cleveland Clinic
MUSC
UK
=)
Michigan
UVA
Cleveland Clinic
MUSC
UK
=)
I'll do my top 5:
1. Penn
2. JHU
3. Columbia
4. BID
5. BWH
1. Penn
2. JHU
3. Columbia
4. BID
5. BWH
Louisville
Scott & White
MUSC
U. Oklahoma
U. South Dakota
Utah
U. Wisconsin
U. Kansas
Milwaukee
UTSW
Evanston
U. Minnesota
U. Mass
Mayo
Scott & White
MUSC
U. Oklahoma
U. South Dakota
Utah
U. Wisconsin
U. Kansas
Milwaukee
UTSW
Evanston
U. Minnesota
U. Mass
Mayo
Last edited:
It's funny that every year certain programs seem to be overrepresented in the limited sampling of the annual ROL thread. This year it already seems to be UPenn. A couple of years ago it was UVA. One year was MGH I think. It's just weird how that seems to happen every year.
.
Last edited:
Ohio State
UTSW
UVA
U New Mexico
Cleveland Clinic
U Colorado
Methodist
Wash U
UTSW
UVA
U New Mexico
Cleveland Clinic
U Colorado
Methodist
Wash U
Did anyone get last minute contact from programs of any kind??
Anyone get letters saying they are "guaranteed to rank"?
Anyone get letters saying they are "guaranteed to rank"?
😎
Guaranteed to rank yes, guaranteed to match not really.
Did anyone get last minute contact from programs of any kind??
Anyone get letters saying they are "guaranteed to rank"?
Guaranteed to rank yes, guaranteed to match not really.
Yale
Cleveland Clinic
UVA
BIDMC
Wash U
Cedars Sinai
USC
U of Iowa
Cleveland Clinic
UVA
BIDMC
Wash U
Cedars Sinai
USC
U of Iowa
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just curious, but when do the majority of pathology interviews take place?
They happen over quite a wide time span. My end of the application was completed in the second week of September and my letters rolled in over the next week and a half. I was offered interviews from late October through the first week of February. The sooner your application is complete, the faster you will hear from most programs. Some programs were flexible with scheduling interviews. Others were very rigid and or provided few options. One program provided only one possible date.
Overall, it was a bit of an inconvenience, but I'd suggest you have everything finished as early as possible. Let your letter-writers know you're aiming for the September 1st deadline even if they insist that it is perfectly fine to submit them later. The number of applicants is on the rise and you want to be able to plan electives, exams, remaining clerkships, etc without asking for time off and causing undo fourth year drama.
Good luck 🙂
Just curious, but when do the majority of pathology interviews take place?
The majority of my interviews took place in November and December and I would recommend taking those months off. I applied early and started getting offers early and was able to cram a lot them in the first few weeks of November. Of note, no places offered dates around Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's so you can feel pretty comfortable planing your vacations early and without worrying about getting interviews around that time. I had one in October and two in Jan.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 20
- Views
- 9K