Rutgers North vs. SUNY Downstate DPT

Started by Midtown22
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Midtown22

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Help! I am torn between Rutgers and Downstate... I am considering cost but I am also willing to spend a little more if it might mean a better program for me. I live in NY so I would be paying out of state at Rutgers, and commuting. DS is cheaper and easier to get to, but I don't know if I feel sold on the program. Unlike some of the other schools I interviewed at, at SD there were no students to talk to, nor faculty to meet aside from the one who conducted my interview (who was lovely). I would be grateful for any insight, likes/dislikes from anyone attending or alumni of either of these schools to help decide. Many thanks!
 
Did you end up deciding? Curious why you're not sold on Downstate. I'm not in your situation, but I may be soon, so I'm starting to think about it!