salary/Georgia

Started by gigi23
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

gigi23

Junior Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm in Georgia.
I was talking to a Family medicine Dr tonight and he said that he had a PA in his practice. She practiced with him for 5 years and he only paid her $30,000 yr. She left him to take a job at another facility for $55,000.
I went to the AAPA site and tried to research salaries, but couldn't find any info. I guess I'm not looking in the right spot. Anyone on this board know anything about salaries for GA PA's?
If that's all they pay in Ga I think I'll switch to pre-md. I'm not in it for the money, but $30,000-$50,000 a yr seems like a very small amount from what I've seen posted here.
 
the national avg for all pa's posted last week by the aapa was 72k/yr.many pa's make 80-120k/yr especially in er/ortho/surgery or im specialties.
 
try searching occupations in PA http://www.gcic.edu ...it'll ask for a password.... type in the following (case sensitive)

lamarchs
gcis1952

lamarchs is your name...and gcis1952 is your password...go to occupations....then do your search for PA...it has a wealth of Information for Georgia PA's....😎
 
30K a year is a low salary...but what you may not be hearing as well are productivity bonuses, etc. that change things significantly...