Sample ADA scores

Started by RituM18
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

RituM18

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey, i just wanted to see what everyone thought about how the scores on the sample ADA compare to the real DAT. I did average on the test. I am taking the exam on tuesday and am wondering if the test is an accurate assesment of what i will get on the test.

If i do horribly on the DAT i am planning to take it again in Oct. and send my scores in to schools. I know this may seem like a bad idea, but i talked to some people, those who are in dental school and those who are already Dentists, and they say that this would be the best option, since schools like to see an improvement as well as they dont think it will harm me as much as i think it will. Sooo.. im taking that advice and ill be finishing my application at the end of July ( i already requested my transcripts and LORs). I want to go to Ohio State.
 
Hey, first off I would like to say whats up... I want to go to OSU too. Are you from Ohio?... Secondly, I'm not sure exactly what to tell you about the sample DAT since I haven't taken the real thing. But, I thought the sample was really easy. I wouldn't expect the real DAT to be that easy. Try looking at Top Score or Kaplan sample tests too, or maybe Dat achiever/destroyer and read some other posts here. Well, thats all I got. Later
 
Most people say the sample ADA is similar in structure...like the ways they ask questions, but that that particular sample was a little easier than the real thing...I wish I could tell you for sure, but I too haven't taken the real one...I will on the same day as you.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i took the ada sample test last week after i studied for the chemistry sections. i got 2 questions wrong in the general chem section, and 2 questions wrong in the organic chem section. the questions were too easy. i got 19's in topscore and 20's in kaplan and acethedat sample tests. i started studying just 2 weeks ago and i didn't take the real test yet, but i think the real test is a lot harder than the ada sample test.
 
My ADA sample scores were actually kind of close to my actual scores; but I did take it like a month or so before my actual test. So I had studied quite a bit more afterwards 🙂

ADA sample: 25 AA, 27TS, 21 PAT

I got a 30 in ochem on the sample, lol. That section on the sample is probably a good deal easier than the real thing, along with most of the other sections 🙂 It is still great practice, though!
 
OSUDDS said:
So with the 100% easier factored in, that makes about a 13 right?

Haha. I thought the sciences were really easy on the ADA test. I got 2 bio, 1 chem and 1 ochem question wrong on the sample test. Those sections were VERY easy. I still did well on the real DAT (higher than a 13), but I felt like the real DAT was harder.