This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

futurefuture5970

5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Your stats are pretty solid. I think you should consider more schools that offer IS tuition after one year instead of the ones on your list that don't.

Reactions: 1 users
Ah thank you so much, that's perfect! Do you have any schools/advice/opinions by any chance :) Hoping to get all the feedback I can get!
I think your list is solid, I'd just maybe be vary about Rutgers if you have AP credit for any pre-reqs, as they don't accept it. Other than that, I think it's good. Good luck!

I think your list is solid, I'd just maybe be vary about Rutgers if you have AP credit for any pre-reqs, as they don't accept it. Other than that, I think it's good. Good luck!
No AP credits here, thanks for mentioning that though!

Last edited:
No AP credits here, thanks for mentioning that though!

I just saw that you go to UCLA. Would UCLA/UCSF be more of a reach since I'm OOS? Couldnt really understand the percentages because I saw like 7% OOS on Doc toothaches sheet, but UCLA stated that the CO2022 came from 17 states which doesnt seem to be OOS unfriendly at first glance haha.
We have a new Dean who is making a lot of changes here, and so our class has way more OOS students than previous classes, and the 2023 class is just like us. It has been pretty OOS unfriendly, but I think with our class and future classes, it is less so, but it is still competitive. I think it's worth a shot applying, but your TS is slightly below the average, and your AA is average - again, it's really competitive!

I see! That sounds really great.

Yeah, I've actually been contemplating my DAT score-- the bio section completely caught me off guard (so many in depth questions on ecology, plants, evolution) and I know for sure I can improve my bio and GC, but dont know if in the end I can do better on the other sections, probably +/-1 . A lot of friends just advised that it's fine, and not worth taking again, but that 20 TS really bothers me cause I know I could do better haha.
Yeah definitely not worth retaking. But, I would give it a shot and still apply. If you get in, cool you have more options and schools that can give you IS tuition after a year and new experiences. If you don't, you still will probably have UNC/ECU to fall back on as they are extremely OOS unfriendly lol

Yeah definitely not worth retaking. But, I would give it a shot and still apply. If you get in, cool you have more options and schools that can give you IS tuition after a year and new experiences. If you don't, you still will probably have UNC/ECU to fall back on as they are extremely OOS unfriendly lol
For sure, for sure. Thanks so much for all your input, I really appreciate it!

Status
Not open for further replies.