This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted872555

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn your app is so strong. Only thing holding you back is that cars score. You sure you don't want to retake and boost that cars? 125 is totally possible, only like 35/53 or something like that. Just a shame you can't go MD because of one tiny thing :/

Members don't see this ad :)
Use MSAR and apply to all schools that are OOS friendly and have a 10 percentile CARS at a 124 or lower

Reactions: 1 user
Campbell screened me out after my primary for having less than a 40th percentile subscore on bio. From the email:

"Generally we look for a competitive MCAT total score within the 50% or above range with a 40% or greater in each section"

Up to you to interpret how encompassing "generally" is.

Campbell screened me out after my primary for having less than a 40th percentile subscore on bio. From the email:

"Generally we look for a competitive MCAT total score within the 50% or above range with a 40% or greater in each section"

Up to you to interpret how encompassing "generally" is.
yeah i saw that on their website so i'm not planning on applying there.

yeah i saw that on their website so i'm not planning on applying there.
I got an invite from Campbell with a 123 in CARS just a week after submitting my secondary back in November.

I had similar GPA and MCAT (122 CARS as well). I didn't get any love from MD school, but I got accepted at DO. I think you might have a chance at TX MD schools. I heard they care more about your science scores than CARS? Good luck and wish you the best

I had similar GPA and MCAT (122 CARS as well). I didn't get any love from MD school, but I got accepted at DO. I think you might have a chance at TX MD schools. I heard they care more about your science scores than CARS? Good luck and wish you the best
could you PM me? thank you!!

Hey guys, current applicant here.

Trying to narrow down a list of MD and DO schools to apply to that don't care about a low CARS score: 130/122/128/130 (510). I've seen people on here get into MD and DO w/ 121s and 122s, so I was wondering if y'all knew which schools gave applicants like me a chance?

For reference: TX res. so I'm utilizing TMDSAS already, this post is for AACOMAS and AMCAS schools. cGPA: 3.93, sGPA: 3.97, strong ECs. My only red flag is that CARS score.

Any help is much appreciated, thank you!

Oh man, you have some sweet creds otherwise. Apply broadly and have a story ready and how you are improving. CARS isn't 'real' in the sense that there is no direct USMLE equivalent, but it still looks weak to not have anything to address the low mark here. Someone will take a chance on you.

David D, MD - USMLE and MCAT Tutor
Med School Tutors

Oh man, you have some sweet creds otherwise. Apply broadly and have a story ready and how you are improving. CARS isn't 'real' in the sense that there is no direct USMLE equivalent, but it still looks weak to not have anything to address the low mark here. Someone will take a chance on you.

Med School Tutors
awesome thank you!!!
i think i’ll be fine for DO schools, but you think TX MDs will give me a chance?

awesome thank you!!!
i think i’ll be fine for DO schools, but you think TX MDs will give me a chance?

might be an underdog but open hand gets fed! If you get that interview, crush it!

Med School Tutors