Science sections

Started by BellaDDS
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

BellaDDS

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For anyone who has taken the Pcat previously, can you please tell me from experience what you thought was the best source you used to study for the biology and chemistry section of the exam?
I have plenty of books, but I don't know what i should concentrate on more nor do I want to waste time studying useless material.

Also, was the math on the exam more pre-calc. or calculus?

Any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks!
 
I used Dr Collins and the retail Kaplan book for biology, chem, and math.

If you have problems with math, borrow a math textbook from your college's library to review from.

Generally, the math section in the PCAT is consisted of algebra and college algebra, probability and statistics, and precalculus and calculus. The calculus part is about 15% of the math section.