Scores

Started by Arooga
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Arooga

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey Guys
quick qestions, i was reading some of the posts and i realized i might of done a mistake.:scared:

When you sign up for the exam and you select 3 schools does that mean that you cant send the scores to other schools that you might be applying for afterwards ?

I am confused about how the pcat scores are sent to Pharmcas.:idea:
Thanks everyone
 
yea im pretty lost at the moment too. if that is the case I wish I could switch the schools I chose and put schools i dont care about...so that the schools i want to go to dont see my score lol because its not looking good this time around with the PCAT on Aug 22.
 
Hey Guys
quick qestions, i was reading some of the posts and i realized i might of done a mistake.:scared:

When you sign up for the exam and you select 3 schools does that mean that you cant send the scores to other schools that you might be applying for afterwards ?

I am confused about how the pcat scores are sent to Pharmcas.:idea:
Thanks everyone
First of all, I hope you read the Candidate Information Booklet before you registered for the PCAT. It is required reading for a reason.

But, to answer your question, even though you select three schools to send your PCAT scores to, you can always apply to more. All you do is order extra score reports (about $20 a pop) to be sent to the school, if the school does not participate in PharmCAS. If the school participates in PharmCAS, once PharmCAS receives your PCAT score and you fill out your primary application, all you do is send that application to as many schools as you wish.

You send your scores to PharmCAS by choosing PharmCAS as one of the recipients of your scores when you sign up for the PCAT.
 
And to the second poster: if you do not think you will do well on this PCAT, you can always choose the "no score" option when you take the exam.

Personally, I think it's a waste of money. Why in the world did you sign up to take the PCAT if you were not ready? However, it's YOUR life and YOUR future, and you must do whatever YOU think is best.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
^^^well I signed up about two months ago...but summer classes got in the way and so did work.. and I just havent had as much time as I had thought I was gonna have to study for it. kind of underestimated it...when i opened the Kaplan book I realized I didnt remember anything from Biology or Chemistry even though I did very well in those courses. So i am pretty much having to relearn everything from scratch.
 
Last edited:
Ok, so after you have given the PCAT, (and obviously you chose whatever number of schools to send your scores to thru pharmcas beforehand) the scores are automatically sent to the schools you have listed on pharmcas once the scores are out?