You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
SDN Is Addicting But Totally NOT Helpful
Started by Cherebourg
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Believe me, once you get into med. school and head towards boards, the USMLE forum is very helpful.
______________________________________________________________
The best blog ever: http://www.xanga.com/home.aspx?user=kmd1
______________________________________________________________
The best blog ever: http://www.xanga.com/home.aspx?user=kmd1
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It also depends on which threads you read. Some are just about bitching about the process, some are plain silly, and some have helpful hints about what's up and give you an idea of what's happening out there.
That being said, I hope they have a methodone for SDN when I need to come down.
That being said, I hope they have a methodone for SDN when I need to come down.
4
45408
Your loss.
blingblah said:"Totally Not Helpful" - too strong
"somewhat helpful " - sure
"fuels high anxiety levels" - YEAAAAHH
"realizing that there are other people out there who have been through what you are gonna" - priceless 🙂
I couldn't have put it better. 🙂
You mean I wasn't helpful? All those wonderful essays I wrote, and I wasn't helpful? You little ingrate!
I learned a lotCherebourg said:I have yet to garner one helpful tip from this website or useful piece of information, but I do admit it is so damn addictive.
It only fuels the already high anxiety level.
Thank god I didn't find SDN until m4 year - its pure crack
I agree, Cherebourg. SDN is at least 99% not helpful, and nearly always makes me feel bad about myself. I know I'm post-stalking you but it's really nice to finally find another malcontent 🙂 PM me sometime, I could talk for hours about how much I hate the admission process.
I found SDN particularly helpful for knowing you're not alone in this horrible process. When there aren't very many pre-meds at your school it's easy to get depressed about the crap-shoot of med school admissions.
The message boards aren't the greatest, especially the Pre-Allo one because it can get you really down at times. I mean when I was applying and waiting I kept reading how people were already accepted in November and that can be depressing at times when you haven't even gotten an interview.
But the rest of the site is pretty good. The guides, the interview feedback, and even the medical student blogs are pretty solid.
But it is nice to know you aren't alone in this process and that other people have experienced similar problems and concerns.
But the rest of the site is pretty good. The guides, the interview feedback, and even the medical student blogs are pretty solid.
But it is nice to know you aren't alone in this process and that other people have experienced similar problems and concerns.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ShyRem said:I found SDN particularly helpful for knowing you're not alone in this horrible process. When there aren't very many pre-meds at your school it's easy to get depressed about the crap-shoot of med school admissions.
I totally agree. That's what makes SDN worth it, even if it makes you feel bad that 90% of the people on this board have 36 MCATs and 3.9 GPAs! 😉
Perrin said:I should be studying for a pathogenic micro test, but alas, I am smoking the SDN crack right now. 😎
How are you studying your path micro test? I'm taking a path micro class in undergrad, but don't know how to study for it.
I used it to see when I could expect secondaries, interviews, acceptances (rejections), etc., but unfortunately, 93% of this site is dedicated to:
"Where should I apply?"
"What are my chances?"
"Anyone of my race...?"
All of which are answered by assuming pre-meds/current med students whose only experience comes from the school they go to.
"I'm not biased, but my school is the best."
"Where should I apply?"
"What are my chances?"
"Anyone of my race...?"
All of which are answered by assuming pre-meds/current med students whose only experience comes from the school they go to.
"I'm not biased, but my school is the best."
ShyRem said:I found SDN particularly helpful for knowing you're not alone in this horrible process. When there aren't very many pre-meds at your school it's easy to get depressed about the crap-shoot of med school admissions.
i went to a school with millions of pre-meds, but i still totally agree. you sum it up well.
and, SDN even made this process fun (sort of) 🙂
oh, and i loved the methadone comment above!
👍 so trueShyRem said:I found SDN particularly helpful for knowing you're not alone in this horrible process. When there aren't very many pre-meds at your school it's easy to get depressed about the crap-shoot of med school admissions.
and for those saying SDN is not one bit helpful is spending way too much time in the lounge!
Stitch626 said:Can someone help me get off this website? I need to go to bed or I will be crabby tomorrow.
move your mouse to the upper right hand corner; click on the "X". walk away quickly; do not look back; and climb into bed 👍

The interview information is more valuable than gold.
Some of the threads are good, but it take a while to figure out which ones are worth your time. I avoid all threads labeled "what are my chances" unless its really fresh and no one else has commented, anything race or AA related, etc. However, I have seen some good threads on health policy, Tennessee schools, and other topics.
I would not call SDN additicive.
Some of the threads are good, but it take a while to figure out which ones are worth your time. I avoid all threads labeled "what are my chances" unless its really fresh and no one else has commented, anything race or AA related, etc. However, I have seen some good threads on health policy, Tennessee schools, and other topics.
I would not call SDN additicive.
It definitely helped me get answers to lots of my questions. Knowing how the process works makes me worry LESS! I can't change any hard deadlines, so there's no point in worrying.
Psycho Doctor said:move your mouse to the upper right hand corner; click on the "X". walk away quickly; do not look back; and climb into bed 👍![]()
LOL.
LOL. You have potential to be a good dentist for those patients who can't follow instructions. LOL
Psycho Doctor said:move your mouse to the upper right hand corner; click on the "X". walk away quickly; do not look back; and climb into bed 👍![]()
I tried taking Psycho Doc's advice,b ut I couldn't find the "X" in the upper right hand corner. Maybe it's a windoze thing.

Similar threads
- Replies
- 7
- Views
- 425
- Replies
- 5
- Views
- 753