secondary from UW?

Started by Trisana
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Trisana

Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone heard from U of Wash MSTP about the secondary yet? Just wondering because I'm waiting on that one and OHSU.
 
the first UW interview isn't until January, so I wouldn't worry too much yet 🙂 As I recall, I didn't get a secondary from them for at least a month or two after I was complete.
 
Make sure you check the status page because sometimes your status will change and you won't receive an e-mail; I don't remember if this was true for the secondary or not, but I do recall that this was an issue with my interview invite, so I made sure to check the status page regularly.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got an invite for the preliminary MSTP application. Haven't heard anything about the secondary MSTP application.
 
Patience, doctorlings. Our application season starts later than the other schools.

I believe the application website has your status on it. If you think that whatever it says sounds wrong, just call and ask.
 
Thanks for the replies everyone. I just got it yesterday. Looks like no additional essays, but there is the option of adding an autobiographical statement
 
MSTP? said:
I got an invite for the preliminary MSTP application. Haven't heard anything about the secondary MSTP application.

I didn't think you need an invite for the preliminary MSTP application but rather you can access it here https://www.mstp.washington.edu/mstp_app/ ??? Then they evaluate this app and would invite you to the secondary if you pass the screening.........or am I off base?
 
fyi - two week turn around from preliminary submission and invite for secondary app completion for me
 
Cool, good info here! I will get on submitting that soon so that (hopefully) they will send me the secondary in a few weeks.