-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Sept 18 pcat
Started by xxallison
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Relaxing is the best thing to do before a big test like the PCAT. Good luck to everyone who is going to take it tomorrow!
Then I'm doing the worst possible thing. Still studying. I find that I retain things better if I keep at it. I've rested for Orgo exams n wish I hadn't. But everyone is different.
Good luck to everyone tomorrow.
Just try to score a lil lower than I... 😛
Sent from a different Galaxy using Tapatalk 2.
Good luck to everyone tomorrow.
Just try to score a lil lower than I... 😛
Sent from a different Galaxy using Tapatalk 2.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just wrote mine this morning and it went pretty well!
The collins July update was really helpful for bio 😀
My preliminary scores were:
VA 413 - 70
Bio 447 - 97
RC 385 - 25
QA 442 - 96
Chem 455 - 98
composite 428 - 93
Not happy about my reading but everything else was good 😀
The collins July update was really helpful for bio 😀
My preliminary scores were:
VA 413 - 70
Bio 447 - 97
RC 385 - 25
QA 442 - 96
Chem 455 - 98
composite 428 - 93
Not happy about my reading but everything else was good 😀
Thanks for telling us! And im glad the Collins July update really helped on Bio. But how was Collins for the rest of it?I just wrote mine this morning and it went pretty well!
The collins July update was really helpful for bio 😀
My preliminary scores were:
VA 413 - 70
Bio 447 - 97
RC 385 - 25
QA 442 - 96
Chem 455 - 98
composite 428 - 93
Not happy about my reading but everything else was good 😀
Great Job. Did Dr. Colling Verbal part helped you at all? I'm taking my pcat a week from today. And how did you prepare for your QA? thanks.
Thanks for telling us! And im glad the Collins July update really helped on Bio. But how was Collins for the rest of it?
Collins was helpful for verbal but chem and quant wasnt that helpful.
I thought the chem section was much harder than bio actually, I guessed on multiple ochem questions.
Great Job. Did Dr. Colling Verbal part helped you at all? I'm taking my pcat a week from today. And how did you prepare for your QA? thanks.
For QA i jst went over the collins study guide and did all 3 of the pearson practice tests. If the question required long and tedious calculations, I jst guessed it and went to the next question lol
I just took mine today. My preliminary score is:
VA - 15% 🙁
Bio - 91%
Chem - 93%
RC - 56%
QA - 72%
Composite - 74
My GPA is 3.7, I'm so worried about the verbal section even though many people have told me that it's ok since it's not my first language but it is still very bad in my opinion. Will I have any chance of getting the interview?
VA - 15% 🙁
Bio - 91%
Chem - 93%
RC - 56%
QA - 72%
Composite - 74
My GPA is 3.7, I'm so worried about the verbal section even though many people have told me that it's ok since it's not my first language but it is still very bad in my opinion. Will I have any chance of getting the interview?
Is the preliminary score similar to the actual score?
I took it today and I'm scared that my score will change as more people take it.
I took it today and I'm scared that my score will change as more people take it.
Is the preliminary score similar to the actual score?
I took it today and I'm scared that my score will change as more people take it.
Generally it will not change. Your percentile isnt based on this testing pool but rather a different control group.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How did you do in english courses?I just took mine today. My preliminary score is:
VA - 15% 🙁
Bio - 91%
Chem - 93%
RC - 56%
QA - 72%
Composite - 74
My GPA is 3.7, I'm so worried about the verbal section even though many people have told me that it's ok since it's not my first language but it is still very bad in my opinion. Will I have any chance of getting the interview?
So this is my second time taking the PCATs. The first one I took back in January and got a terrifying 56% for my composite. I took the second one today and got the following scores
VA: 38% 🙁
Biol: 88%
RC 64% 🙁
QA 96%
Chem 88%
my composite was a 87%. Based on my records, do you think I should just keep it?
VA: 38% 🙁
Biol: 88%
RC 64% 🙁
QA 96%
Chem 88%
my composite was a 87%. Based on my records, do you think I should just keep it?
VA: 49%
BIO: 51%
RC: 54%
QA: 95%
CHEM: 76%
Composite: 74
This is my second time taking it.. (the first time I barely studied and bombed it with a 51)
Should I retake it for the third time? My cumulative gpa is a 3.4 :/
I would say no, because your GPA is good enough for most school, while your PCAT stand out. So if you want to waste money and time go ahead.
You guys should contact the schools youre applying too and ask them. Some schools weigh the PCAT more than others do
Last edited:
How similar were the pearsons practice test to the real deal?
i would like to know this as well.How similar were the pearsons practice test to the real deal?
How similar were the pearsons practice test to the real deal?
For me they weren't similar, the Biology section at least. I can pretty much recite the Pearson's practice test answers after going over them so many times, but it didn't help too much. Granted, I haven't taken Microbiology or A&P, but I felt lost in that section.
So, if you have taken Micro and/or A&P, perhaps the practice tests will help you remember other parts of biology.
I would've been content with my score had I done better in Bio (as it would've raised my composite as well). It's not all about the tests though. But I do feel like they would've helped much more if we were taking last year's exam.
Good luck to everyone taking it in this next week.
You guys should contact the schools youre applying too and ask them. Some schools weigh the PCAT more than others do
This sounds like a good idea. But idk how feasible it actually is. I think I'm just going to take the test again in November. I was sooo looking forward to getting this off my mind and focusing on my current school load. Bio section killed me (38, 61 comp). -- Not going to start a new "should I retake" thread.
Can people who took the PCAT this day, share some of your experiences and how was it - if you could kind of recall wut subjects/topics cover in the chem/bio section tat would be great!! thank you
Well I did fine in them. I got B and A. And even my reading and writing not bad. Don't know why the verbal section was so badOriginally Posted by giauphan
I just took mine today. My preliminary score is:
VA - 15%
Bio - 91%
Chem - 93%
RC - 56%
QA - 72%
Composite - 74
My GPA is 3.7, I'm so worried about the verbal section even though many people have told me that it's ok since it's not my first language but it is still very bad in my opinion. Will I have any chance of getting the interview?
How did you do in english courses?
Can people who took the PCAT this day, share some of your experiences and how was it - if you could kind of recall wut subjects/topics cover in the chem/bio section tat would be great!! thank you
For those who haven't had Micro or A&P, you will be at a disadvantage. These two subjects are hit pretty good in Bio (at least on my test). A&P; know what type of muscle tissue is where (smooth vs striated), know your organ funtions, and quite a few hormone questions. Micro; know cell organelles, what they do, a lot of bacteria based questons.
Chemistry, I thought I guessed a lot but ended up doing pretty good. The biggest trend seemed to be knowing products after reactions. What would you get if this compound underwent an oxidation reaction, a reduction, dehydration, etc.
Good luck to all those who haven't taken it yet.
Will you be selling the update? I bought the kaplan book and it does not have the update (2012-2013) and I feel as if I will not be prepared for the bio section as the format has changed.I just wrote mine this morning and it went pretty well!
The collins July update was really helpful for bio 😀
My preliminary scores were:
VA 413 - 70
Bio 447 - 97
RC 385 - 25
QA 442 - 96
Chem 455 - 98
composite 428 - 93
Not happy about my reading but everything else was good 😀
Or could you provide me with a little more detail on what kind of updates were included.
If you could help me in any way, that would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Similar threads
- Replies
- 4
- Views
- 9K