Shadowing PT

Started by deleted259194
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

D

deleted259194

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I would like to shawdow a PT but do know how to approach this. Can anyone give me some tips or pointer on how to shadow a PT? thank you very much and have a nice day.
 
The way I shadowed PTs was simply cold calling. I googled physical therapists in my area and called them all one by one and explained that I was a college student interested in becoming a PT and would like to gain some experience by shadowing a PT. It is as simple as that. I was offered opportunities by each and every person I called, AND I got recommendation letters from all of them too! Make sure you shadow different settings so you get a good feel of the different forms of therapy.

I'm attending NSU in June for DPT 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I actually walked into each PT facility and asked the PT directly. They were all more than welcome to let me shadow, and I as well got some great recommendation letters from them.
 
I think it's a pretty standard procedure and pretty simple. As alluded to in the above posts, best way is to ask. Send an e-mail, phone call or just walk right in. I'm in the process of finding a PT clinic to get some hours in over this summer and I must have e-mailed about 8 places today with a cover letter and attached resume. Case in point, contact them and explain your situation. You'll find somewhere. 👍