Shadowing?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Kofi Darko

EverywhereIgoI
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How do I got about this shadowing thing? I want to shadow an Orthopedic Surgeon but I'm not sure how to ask, is there a way I could just contact a surgeon. Are there requirements in order to shadow? How often can I shadow them?
 
No real requirements. How often is up to the physician. I did two half days with one and a full week with another. An email or call to the office will suffice. You will get rejected and/or ignored at times but the ones who say yes are usually easy to talk to and make for a fun experience.