Shortest residency

Started by opel
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

opel

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was wondering which residency program takes the shortest period of time and on average how much do people make after the four years of medical school I am asking this question only because i think I will be in great financial debt. Also when do doctor start making good money?(I have been accepted into medical school and I thought I should know how much money I will be making especially after the debt that I will be in)
 
The shortest residencies are 3 years- IM,Peds and Family Practice.You can do a 2 year public health residency after med school but the jobs you will get will not make much of dent in large loans.
 
dont forget ER, 3 years with average income >200,000