This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
G

Going2BeADoctor

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
The consensus is that you should always be working to bolster your app until you get an A. It used to also be that "if interviews are 3, an MD you'll be" though I'm not sure that applies to this weird cycle haha.

But seriously, your app seems fine. What were the kinds of schools you applied to? Hopefully not all uber competitive, to maximize your chances. Hang in there.

First off, sorry to make yet another post asking about an individual’s application cycle, but I’d just really like to hear others’ opinions. I was complete at all 24 of my schools (broad list) in July-August. My ECs are alright and sorta unique, though not extraordinary. My stats are good (LM 81). I think my essays were at least decent (I had at least one other person look over every single one of them to give their perspective).

At this point, I’ve received 3 IIs. Two of them went well but turned into waitlists (including my state school, whose mission I fit very well). The third hasn’t given me a decision yet, but I’m not really expecting good things (I don’t think this third interview went all too well).

I can accept having to reapply, and I am currently working to strengthen my application for next cycle. Still, I’d just like to hear others’ opinions on how my chances look (and maybe give some clarity to other applicants who are in a similar situation). Given that I was complete so early, does it seem likely that the silence I’ve received from the other 21 schools can be safely interpreted as silent rejections from most of them?
Worry in Mar/Apr.

Reactions: 2 users