Should I do a SMP? or another Grad program?

Started by arc5005
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

arc5005

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So, I've been researching about whether I should do a SMP, a science or social behavior based masters, or a MPH.

Here are my current stats:
uGrad GPA: 3.15 in an interdisciplinary degree where my focus was Environmental Science and Environmental, Health, & Safety.
Most of my science classes are B's, a few A's, and 2 C's.

I'm currently taking more science classes at my local community college:
Summer 2014: Intro to Psychology: A
Fall 2014: Organic Chemistry I, Human Anatomy, Developmental Psychology, and Abnormal Psychology.
Spring 2015 (plan): Organic Chemistry II, College Physics I, General Chemistry II, then either Physiology or Intro to Sociology
Summer 2015 (plan): College Physics II, Intro to sociology (if not already taken)

I'm doing pretty well in my classes, and as of now I should get all A's. Perhaps Orgo being somewhere in the B range (but hopefully not... still waiting to see how I did on my first exam).

I'm going to sign up for a MCAT for summer 2015; however, I won't have the chance to take Biochemistry, so I plan on spending my summer reading Biochemistry & MCAT prep. I might sign up for a MCAT Kaplan course as well.

I'm unsure as to whether I should go for a SMP, apply for some masters programs I'm interested in like MPH or social/behavioral science programs, or if I should just work in patient-care/healthcare and try to take more undergraduate courses while working full-time for a year.

My boyfriend lives in the DC area, and I'm hoping to move there or within 2-3 hours of there, so GMU, GWU, Georgetown (I can be hopeful, right?), University of Maryland, and maybe schools in Philadelphia are on my radar.
 
As at a community college are impressing no one - you should be doing these at a 4-year. If you were taking one or two to warm back up to schooling thats one thing. Planning everything at a CC is a mistake, especially for someone looking for grade redemption

You need an SMP. An MPH will not help you