Should I list this on my app?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nuggetsovertenders

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
My family runs a local food business and I've worked there for a while. Should I list this on my app as non-clinical work experience, since it's completely unrelated to medicine? And would it look bad since I worked for a family business and would come off as if I'm just trying to fluff up my app?

Also, ik that you should have a narrative and when it comes to experiences/ECs, quality > quantity, but what's a good number of ECs to have? Would it be bad if I had under 10/15?

Members don't see this ad.

1) My family runs a local food business and I've worked there for a while. Should I list this on my app as non-clinical work experience, since it's completely unrelated to medicine? And would it look bad since I worked for a family business and would come off as if I'm just trying to fluff up my app?

2) Also, ik that you should have a narrative and when it comes to experiences/ECs, quality > quantity, but what's a good number of ECs to have? Would it be bad if I had under 10/15?
1) Definitely list your family-business related job under Employment-Not Medical/Clinical. Use the most objective possible person as your Contact to validate the experience. Your application isn't supposed to be only about medically-related activities.

2) The average number of AMCAS activities listed is 9-10.

Reactions: 1 users