Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do you have all of your prereqs for medical school complete? What about ECs (non-clinical volunteering, shadowing, etc)? When do you plan on taking MCAT? These are just some questions to give us the whole picture before we can help!I am a practicing military PA-C who has decided to apply for an MD program at the end of my service obligation. I have been practicing as a PA for five years and it will be another three until I’m at a point in my contract where I can apply. My undergraduate and graduate GPAs are 3.92 and 3.86 respectively, but I graduated in 2013 and 2015, so some of my prerequisites are as old as 2009. Is it better to stick with what I have already competed or to repeat coursework that I’ve done but is outdated? I will be stationed in a remote area with only mid or low tier universities to choose from and without the guarantee that in-person classes won’t conflict with my full time service. Also, what do I do about LORs that are required to be from specific professors when it has been so long since I was in school? Would letters from supervising physicians or my non-medical commanders be an acceptable (or better) alternative? I’m originally from the MA, so I’ll be applying to primarily schools in New England and New York (especially interested in Boston to be close to my sister).