Should I stop and wait....

Started by Dorise04
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Dorise04

Undergrad student
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am a single mom and I would like some input about what steps I should take from this point on....I have been reading alot of gpa threads and i didn't know it was so HARD to bring your gpa up.

I will be graduating in 2010 with a BA in sociology or maybe sooner if i stop adding in premed classes....my gpa is 2.5 I just transfered to a public Univeristy🙁

I have been looking at post bac programs. It seem like most programs do not want you to have any prereq's done ....like Loyola in chicago. Should I just stop taking any premed required classes (i only have took Chem I (three times) finish my BA. Just try to make straight A's ....which i know i can in Sociology and build my gpa up so i can get into a post bacc program? 😳


Thxks for any input I am so lost.....
 
Do whatever you can to get an A in every class you take from this moment on, even if it means spending two or three years making yourself a viable applicant. I don't think you should worry too much about going to a formal postbacc program. Just look at the AMSAR, and take the classes you need to take at the best school you can go to. And don't overload yourself. Take one or two lab sciences at a time, so you can get A's to raise your GPA.