Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm trying to weigh my options and make the best decision, and if you have an opinion or advice on the subject, then by all means please reply!
I have taken the test twice now and received the following scores
First Time
Verbal 420
Quant 640
Analytical 4.5
Total = 1060
Second Time (this morning)
Verbal 490
Quant 590
Analytical ?
Total = 1080
I attribute my high math score on the first round to the fact that I had just finished taking physics I and II so math was on my mindset. I also know I was nervous and flubbed the verbal before I had even got the score.
The second time I was much more relaxed, which was nice, but I work a full-time job as well as teach 6 exercise classes a week, so I didn't get enough time to study as I would've liked to kept up on the math...
Besides my GRE I have a very high GPA, total 3.89, Combined Science & Math 3,83, Science 3.79 and PT Core prerequisites 3.72. I also feel that I the people I have asked have written me very strong letters of recommendation.
The three main schools I am looking at say the following about the GRE...
(I put them in order of what school I would like to attend if I got the choice.)
School 1 (Pitt, Pittsburgh PA)
Minimum GRE Score: 500 verbal, 500 quant, 3.5 analytical
School 2 (Chatham College, Pittsburgh PA)
Average GRE Score for Accepted Students: 500 verbal, 500 math.
School 3 (Duquesne University, Pittsburgh PA)
I have taken the test twice now and received the following scores
First Time
Verbal 420
Quant 640
Analytical 4.5
Total = 1060
Second Time (this morning)
Verbal 490
Quant 590
Analytical ?
Total = 1080
I attribute my high math score on the first round to the fact that I had just finished taking physics I and II so math was on my mindset. I also know I was nervous and flubbed the verbal before I had even got the score.
The second time I was much more relaxed, which was nice, but I work a full-time job as well as teach 6 exercise classes a week, so I didn't get enough time to study as I would've liked to kept up on the math...
Besides my GRE I have a very high GPA, total 3.89, Combined Science & Math 3,83, Science 3.79 and PT Core prerequisites 3.72. I also feel that I the people I have asked have written me very strong letters of recommendation.
The three main schools I am looking at say the following about the GRE...
(I put them in order of what school I would like to attend if I got the choice.)
School 1 (Pitt, Pittsburgh PA)
Minimum GRE Score: 500 verbal, 500 quant, 3.5 analytical
School 2 (Chatham College, Pittsburgh PA)
Average GRE Score for Accepted Students: 500 verbal, 500 math.
School 3 (Duquesne University, Pittsburgh PA)
A minimum composite verbal and quantitative score of 1100 is required for admission. Average accepted student composite score is 1175.
I am also planning on asking the schools how much emphasis they put on the GRE.
So, take it again? Risk it? I know I'm a strong candidate, but I don't want one small thing to allow my application to get tossed when I have so much else to offer to a program...
I am also planning on asking the schools how much emphasis they put on the GRE.
So, take it again? Risk it? I know I'm a strong candidate, but I don't want one small thing to allow my application to get tossed when I have so much else to offer to a program...