Should I write about 1 W in Secondaries?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

irisponsible

Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Title basically, since lots of secondaries ask about "being unsuccessful" or "academic discrepancies", is it better to explain the W or try not to draw attention to it? Retook for an A, 3.97/524. I slept through a midterm. Thanks!
 
Might be better to address it rather than try to avoid it, especially since some secondaries explicitly ask about academic issues or inconsistencies. Keep it factual and brief, one W is usually minor if it’s explained cleanly.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Title basically, since lots of secondaries ask about "being unsuccessful" or "academic discrepancies", is it better to explain the W or try not to draw attention to it? Retook for an A, 3.97/524. I slept through a midterm. Thanks!
Absolutely do not talk about your withdrawal. The Prompt is for F's,. A w is just that. And the being unsuccessful prompt is an assessment of your coping skills. Talking about academics is not a good idea, for that prompt
 
I do think that if you have a secondary that explicitly asks you to explain a W, you should do it. Otherwise, I would not mention it. I say this as someone who also has a W.