Signature LOR

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kookylamb

Reaction score
Hey guys, the office manager for my dentist is asking if the signature can be a stamped signature or electronic signature because my dentist is on vacation. I tried looking up the requirements but I couldn’t find anything. Do you think a electronic signature works?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys, the office manager for my dentist is asking if the signature can be a stamped signature or electronic signature because my dentist is on vacation. I tried looking up the requirements but I couldn’t find anything. Do you think a electronic signature works?

I would expect that electronic signature could be acceptable if it is the type that actually captures the finger-signed signature rather than cookie-cutter cursive-styled version based on typed text. If you’ve been working with a pre-dental/pre-health advisor, they should be able to confirm with certainty. I cannot imagine anyone would accept a stamped signature. Alternatively, it may be best to simply await the dentist’s return to ensure capture of their original signature.

Found this recent article: A Strategic Guide to Letters of Recommendation - SDN

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user