This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1130446

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
id go w UW, your desire to match to Seattle region in the future/ties to there is a big reason to go. $$ too.

Reactions: 1 user
Just a reminder: UW doesn’t match as well as the rest of t20’s. For some reason, I think Sinai will set you up better for a competitive residency program.

Members don't see this ad :)
I’d go to UW based on your pros/cons. You seem more comfortable with the school and since you want to move back to the region anyway, it’ll make that really easy. UW is also a great program, so don’t stress about being unable to get into academic medicine. It’s also cheaper and closer to family.

Just a reminder: UW doesn’t match as well as the rest of t20’s. For some reason, I think Sinai will set you up better for a competitive residency program.
That's a great point--any idea why? From looking at the match lists, I can't tell if it's because the students at UW just have different goals, or if they are unable to match any better.

That's a great point--any idea why? From looking at the match lists, I can't tell if it's because the students at UW just have different goals, or if they are unable to match any better.
They're a primary care focused state school so they select student from their state that aren't as competitive. Their admission statistics are way lower than average. If people aren't matching where they want to go from UW, it's very likely their own fault tbh.