single dose betamethasone

Started by bedrock
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

bedrock

Member
Lifetime Donor
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have a patient who supposedly had reactions to depo and dex but tolerated a betasmethasone injection by one of our orthopedists.

She needs a CESI and she is actually a reasonable patient and I am willing to do it with betamethasone but all my staff can find to order is MDV.

Can anyone recommend a place from where I can order single dose betamethasone? (not willing to consider compounding pharamacies)

Steve, I think you prefer betamethasone. Can you or someone else recommend where i can find it in single dose form?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
where do you see that the SDV has less preservative than MDV? I cannot confirm....

first, because I do not see any SDV of betamethasone available in the US. I checked McKesson, and they only sell 2 versions, both 5 ml vials.

I also searchey by NDC code for products available in the US. there were no vials less than 5 ml.


I guess you could get it compounded, but good luck with that....
 
24B9A565-0B40-4995-B086-DF0811C9AED9.jpeg