You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
SLU Interview- How long do they take to respond?
Started by erwizkid
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I think I read somewhere that there are still spots for next years class. As for how long it takes them to reply it seems highly variable. My response was in a little less than 3 weeks but I have heard of notifications as quick as a week and as long as 5+ weeks. Congrats on the interview!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
2 weeks for me... as for the interview, the format was semi-structured. There were some standard questions, some follow ups. My interviewer wanted me to expand on a few things beyond his standard questions. My tour guide was really personable and gave his honest opinion about the school.
I didn't like my interviewer at all. The interviews are supposed to be one hour long and it was maybe 15 minutes. He just asked some straightforward questions and wanted no elaboration. Usually at my interviews they are more conversational but it seemed like he didn't have any time. I can understand he was a cardiac surgeon but he should have been more appreciative of my interest in the school. My interview was first thing in the morning and it gave me a sour taste of the school.
My tour guide was really cool though and he was very honest about the school.
I don't know if I would go there if I get accepted off the waitlist...
My tour guide was really cool though and he was very honest about the school.
I don't know if I would go there if I get accepted off the waitlist...
I thought the interview was great, mine lasted about 50 minutes. The facilities are a little old, as has been noted ad naseum on the feedback site. The interview was really conversational and laid back. they me a few weeks ago that the turn around time would be about 4 weeks.
I haven't interviewed there yet, but when I scheduled mine (April 16th) they said that there were still spots open in the class, and that it didn't matter which of the available interview dates I chose. Hope that helps.
I didn't like my interviewer at all. The interviews are supposed to be one hour long and it was maybe 15 minutes. He just asked some straightforward questions and wanted no elaboration. Usually at my interviews they are more conversational but it seemed like he didn't have any time. I can understand he was a cardiac surgeon but he should have been more appreciative of my interest in the school. My interview was first thing in the morning and it gave me a sour taste of the school.
My tour guide was really cool though and he was very honest about the school.
I don't know if I would go there if I get accepted off the waitlist...
I think I interviewed with the same guy you did. I thought the interview was horrible, but in the end I was accepted. It took about 4 weeks to hear back, but I also interviewed in early December so the Christmas break may have slowed things down. To the OP, SLU traditionally has a lot of waitlist movement, so I wouldn't worry about interviewing for a waitlist position. If you are interested in the school, then go.
of all you people who interviewed what did you guys think of the city around the school and of the learning facilities?
of all you people who interviewed what did you guys think of the city around the school and of the learning facilities?
I thought the school was great and the facilities are decent even though the building is decades old. I stayed in a Holiday Inn a few blocks away and the neighborhood around that school isn't somewhere I'd want to be walking alone at night. Most of the students live in better areas and the campus itself seems safe. Besides, being in a bad area can have positives as you will see lots of different pathologies/accidents. I liked SLU a lot though not enough to pay boatloads of money to go there when I can go to my state school for cheap.
I heard back after about 2 weeks. I was able to stay with a friend who goes to SLU and so I spent like 5 days exploring the city and the campus. There's a lot to do in the city (there are some dangerous areas but also many, many nice areas) and the campus is pretty nice. They are building a huge new research building and they have a level 1 trauma center. I was told numerous times that the students at SLU beat those at Washihngton University on their latest board examinations
Hey all,
Current SLU MSII here. The admissions committe meets every Wednesday. Usually you come up for review a couple weeks after your interview, and I believe acceptances are sent out via email pretty quick after the admissions committee meeting. I would say 3-6 weeks is about the wait time from your interview. If any of you have any questions or concerns about SLU send me a PM.
Current SLU MSII here. The admissions committe meets every Wednesday. Usually you come up for review a couple weeks after your interview, and I believe acceptances are sent out via email pretty quick after the admissions committee meeting. I would say 3-6 weeks is about the wait time from your interview. If any of you have any questions or concerns about SLU send me a PM.
It has been exactly 7 weeks since I had my regional interview witH SLU in California... and still not A word. As I understand it, the person who interviewed me also interviewed a ton of other applicants so the review process is slow going. Sucks for me.


Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Though the time it takes for them to get back to interviewees can vary (some people who interviewed on the same day I did heard they had been accepted a week before I did), 7 weeks seems somewhat excessive. I'd give them a call on Monday and check what's going on.
It has been exactly 7 weeks since I had my regional interview witH SLU in California... and still not A word. As I understand it, the person who interviewed me also interviewed a ton of other applicants so the review process is slow going. Sucks for me.
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
5 weeks turnaround time for me. (Just found out yesterday). 🙂
Their adcom meets next week to decide on the next set of students to interview. The week after, the lucky ones will hear from the admissions office. 👍
I got an acceptance after about four week and I thought that it was probably my worst interview performance....so maybe that will give some hope to those that think they did crappy! I'll never understand this process. I'm starting to think adcoms just throw darts at our pictures.
I did a regional interview in Seattle and it took about 7 weeks for them to get back to me. I also thought my interview went horribly, but somehow got accepted.
Hey all, I finally was accepted after 8 weeks of waiting (this was a few weeks back now). I did not write a letter of interest. Good luck!
last year I interviewed November 14 and I was accepted on January 4th
this was a regional interview and I'm sure it took longer because of the holidays.
Good luck everyone
this was a regional interview and I'm sure it took longer because of the holidays.
Good luck everyone
they accepted me about 4 weeks post interview. I interviewed late feb, they let me in late march. 👍
Has anyone been rejected post interview, or even waitlisted? It seems like a really high percentage of acceptances.
waitlisted right here, #8 for me...
Has anyone been rejected post interview, or even waitlisted? It seems like a really high percentage of acceptances.
The USNEWS stats showed that SLU accepts about half the students they interview.
I interviewed late March and am just now getting to the 3 week mark. I know it is still early to hear back, but just out of curiosity did any of you call and get info at any point about whether or not a decision had been made on your app? Also, do they always let people know by email first? Thanks!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
everyone I've seen on the acceptances thread had it emailed to them.
Has anyone heard from SLU recently? It's been almost 7 weeks since my interview in Saint Louis now...getting a little worried. Has anyone else interviewed and not heard anything for a long time?
It took me 9 weeks to hear back from them. I was accepted, and interviewed at the school.
If you interviewed April 24th, it's a bit early to expect a response. I interviewed April 10th and have yet to receive a response (3 weeks and counting).
i interviewed march 27 and didn't hear anything so i called yesterday, and the admissions office person told me that they were behind because they had missed two adcoms meetings recently.
i asked her if she knew if they'd reviewed my file and she told me something vague....basically to just wait until they notify us by email....
to everyone waiting on slu! 🙂
i asked her if she knew if they'd reviewed my file and she told me something vague....basically to just wait until they notify us by email....
to everyone waiting on slu! 🙂i interviewed march 27 and didn't hear anything so i called yesterday, and the admissions office person told me that they were behind because they had missed two adcoms meetings recently.
i asked her if she knew if they'd reviewed my file and she told me something vague....basically to just wait until they notify us by email....
to everyone waiting on slu! 🙂
But I don't understand how someone who interviewed in 4/10 has heard back. I interviewed on 4/2 and havent heard back yet.....do they send rejection letters via email too??
coming up on nine weeks since my interview...

But I don't understand how someone who interviewed in 4/10 has heard back. I interviewed on 4/2 and havent heard back yet.....do they send rejection letters via email too??
yeah it is weird hasy, and so variable. apparently ppl w/ regional interviews hear back superfast. as andiluvsk was saying maybe it also has to do with your interviewer--mine was taking notes as she was talking to me, and seemed to review the info a week later (she replied to my thank you email w/ another question re: my app) so who knows what that means. 😕
p.s. bad form?? does a printed letter (as opposed to an email) telling us we're extremely well qualified and it was very difficult to crush our dreams and force us into another year of this process MAKE IT ALL OK??? 😛 phew.
Anyone heard anything lately? Has anyone been rejected post-interview, or do they wait till the 15th to give those out? I guess we'll all hear SOMETHING soon!😳
Anyone heard anything lately? Has anyone been rejected post-interview, or do they wait till the 15th to give those out? I guess we'll all hear SOMETHING soon!😳
I havent heard back yet....have a feeling it's a letter in the mail....=( maybe i should have sent a thank you note....
I havent heard back yet....have a feeling it's a letter in the mail....=( maybe i should have sent a thank you note....
ahhh hasy don't say that!! think positive 😳. i haven't heard back either...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I havent heard back yet....have a feeling it's a letter in the mail....=( maybe i should have sent a thank you note....
Anything yet? I interviewed almost a month ago, and it's the 15th, and still nothing. Do they have to have all of their acceptances out by now?
Anything yet? I interviewed almost a month ago, and it's the 15th, and still nothing. Do they have to have all of their acceptances out by now?
🙁 nothing...i called, & the admissions office stands firm by their "we will let you know by email when we know."
🙁 nothing...i called, & the admissions office stands firm by their "we will let you know by email when we know."
So it sounds like no one has heard back lately, and maybe silence isn't necessarily a bad sign? Agreed???
So it sounds like no one has heard back lately, and maybe silence isn't necessarily a bad sign? Agreed???
i agree...at this point i guess we just don't know.

Similar threads
A
- Replies
- 2
- Views
- 559