Soft Credentialing?

Started by clement
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

clement

Full Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone have experience being part of a “reserve pool” with companies like Orbit? I realize they are not a locums agency (though also offer no benefits and are obviously employing at-will)…

Like most of us, I generally don’t pursue any degree of credentialing unless a specific role is proposed first. On the other hand, I have worked with their 1099 physicians and they seemed content with their very part time roles. I happened to have met the founder many moons ago, and he seems like a well respected individual.

Is there a catch here though? I imagine when these companies negotiate potential site contracts it helps to say, “We have this many psychiatrists ready to go.” I doubt they will sell my CV…

So what’s in it for me? I’d hate to potentially deplete reference reserves. They say I get notified of openings while putting a sort of exclusive membership spin on it.
 

Wow, I am not sure I have seen a less informative website than theirs.
It’s mostly word of mouth I think.
I found out soft credential means 3 reference checks, background check, and some sort of contract.