-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
South
Started by Queen86
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I believe the next interview date is at the end of march, probably the 28th. I called South about the deferred list. She wouldn't tell me how many people were on it, but she told me that the wait can last all the way up until about 2 days before the quarter starts.😱 I am so scared. Well, good luck to youI interviewed at South this past friday and at that point they said they had one more interview.. Does anyone know wheter it will be this friday or next? I'm deffered... and I know they begin looking at us all again after all interviews are completed.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Wait a minute, are you saying there only 7 seats left for South?I just got invited to the last interview date today...cant go though because its the same day as my interview at Feik (28th) and they cant move it...sucks but....she said there are 7 seats left for the program, and roughly 36 more interviewing at that date.

I got a letter saying that I am now on deferred list😱
Hey guys. I've been debating whether I even want to interview there anymore. I can't seem to find anything interesting about that SOP other than their 3-yr program. The school website just seemed so generic to me. The tuition is also through the roof!! And their curriculum- nothing stands out. What does South really have to offer??
I was really impressed with the pharmacy building and it seems as though they are getting really qualified students. I also liked the faculty there. I'm considering choosing South over UF in the end.
It seems to be higher because it's a "3" year program. But Generally, it's reasonable for most private schools.The school website just seemed so generic to me. The tuition is also through the roof!!
If you calculated the tuition for most of 4 year "private"-school ie. Mercer, you will see that their tuition is about the same price. I am not impressed with website either. They need to update it to make it look more professional. But there are lots of good thing about this school.
I was really impressed with the pharmacy building and it seems as though they are getting really qualified students. I also liked the faculty there. I'm considering choosing South over UF in the end.
Any other reasons for considering South over UF?
I like 3d professors.
I'm interviewing at South U this friday. I was told that it will be the last interview session. There are 7 spots open and 36 interviewees. Those odds aren't great, but they definitely could be worse.
Is anyone else coming from out of town? I'm traveling from Chicago. They only called me 2 weeks before the interview, so the plane tickets were already $700+!!! I ended up buying a greyhound ticket. I pray that the bus doesn't break down or something. I won't even get in until 4:30 am Friday morning.... Now I'm trying to figure out if I should pay $78 to shower in a hotel for like 3 hours.
Is anyone else coming from out of town? I'm traveling from Chicago. They only called me 2 weeks before the interview, so the plane tickets were already $700+!!! I ended up buying a greyhound ticket. I pray that the bus doesn't break down or something. I won't even get in until 4:30 am Friday morning.... Now I'm trying to figure out if I should pay $78 to shower in a hotel for like 3 hours.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My friend and I both got that same letter. I really wish they would just give us and idea of where we stood on the waiting list and how many people where on it. I have a feeling that its a pretty large waiting list. I know they said almost everyone came off of it last year... so i'm hoping the same for this year!
did anyone else receive another waitlist letter?
I did. I don't know why they sent it twice.
Hey y'all🙂 I just got called about my acceptance to South😀. So, maybe y'all will hear something soon. Good Luck

Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 2K
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 4K
- Replies
- 6
- Views
- 2K