spring schedule???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

marie3212313

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For Spring 2008, I was going to take Calculus, Chem 1, neurobiology and selected medical careers. This is only 12 credit hours. Should I take one more class? The advisor said it really doesn't matter but it just seems to light of a schedule because nothing has labs. Your opinion please... Thank you!!!
 
Chem I has no lab?? Are you sure your taking the right class?

But about the credits, it doesn't matter. Focus on doing well in your classes, and if you have enough free time, check out working in a lab or doing something that will be helpful.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Since you said none of the classes you're doing has labs how about using the extra time to enroll in an art class like sculpture? I heard dental schools like to see some form of art courses on your record cause it could show your manual dexterity... like at our school, sculpture is one of pre-dentistry classes..
 
I have taken Biology 1 and 2, Physics 1 and 2, and Statisitcs. I am actaully a junior but just started chemistry. I recently decided to go to d-school. I graduated highschool with my AA and when I did I didn't know what I wanted as a major and I didn't even think of d-school then. So, I am now at a 4yr university and just started chem which will back me up a little bit. I will probably apply in 2 yrs because that is when I will finish organic chem 1 and 2. The problem I am running into is that I have taken all my general education classes. So now every semester I have all sciences and math. I will be used to it though when I enter d-school.