SSN during PCAT application

Started by Twist01
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Twist01

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
HI all:

I've recently submitted my PCAT application, but during the process, there was a box asking for my SSN.

I am Canadian, so we don't have the SSN, but the SIN. In addition, the format for the SIN is XXX-XXX-XXX, whereas in the SSN box, it went XXX-XX-XXXX. I wasn't sure whether SSN = SIN, since the formats are different, so i checked off no SSN.

From what I read, the SSN is needed by PharmCAS to send PCAT scores to schools (corect me if I'm wrong). However, the schools I applied to are not part of PharmCAS, so I don't know whether or not my application is doomed from the outset due to this small mistake.

If it helps any, the schools I applied to were:

University of British Columbia
University of Toronto
University of Montreal

Any help is appreciated!