Step I step 2 failure

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

yesterday123

New Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just found out about my failing step 2 scores. I plan to hold the test score until after I match and take the test after ~60 days. Assuming I pass the step 2, I was wondering how this is going to affect me and my residency?

I can't believe this happened to me. My record had been flawless until now. And now I have to live with this for a very long time. Now I know what it feels like. It's very disgraceful even with a 240 on the next exam.
 
I can't believe no one has replied to your post. I would not worry. You did wisely not to automatically send your scores. Residency programs care a lot about the match and most require you to pass step II before you start. Assuming you match, I don't think your step II failure will play any role as long as you pass before you start residency.
Dani
 
Uhm, i didn t get that. Aren't we supposed to go through step 1 and 2 AND csa in order to apply, in order to get interviews, in order to get a match? Please enlighten me.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Our class at Wayne is the last class where it isn't mandatory to pass Step 2, you only have to +take+ it. :laugh:

Regardless, I'm gonna take Step2 early because I was kinda dissappointed with my Step1 score and am hoping to improve...