Stigma/child psych

Started by mucha
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

mucha

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I noticed that when I say I will do child psych fellowship, people are less stigmatising than if I say I'm doing adult psych.
Anybody noticed that?
Is child psych carrying less stigma?
I though that is was interesting.🙂
 
i've noticed that too. i dont think its stigma, i think its just the "awww you're going to be helping kids" factor. kinda like peds.
 
Yep,
When I say I'm a psychiatrist, I get "poor you" or "it must be so hard", or "are you not afraid of becoming crazy also?"
When I say I will do child psych, I get"cute". or "you'll help parents educate their kids", or"we need people like you to control these tough kids"🙄