Student Nurse Practitioner

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

NursePractitionerStudent

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello All,

Are there any student nurse practitioners/medical students/physician assistant students out there? I need your advice.
So I am currently about to start my 2nd year of Family Nurse Practitioner School! YAY! Slowly but surely getting there (feels it is going by slow),anyways I need advice from you all.

I am about to start clinical and I feel I don't have enough educational experience in regards to diagnosing…….Therefore, my question is what can I do to prepare BEFORE clinical and DURING clinical. I know there will be moments where I don't understand but I am at the point in my life where I want to get up and keep going and not be immersed in negative thinking! Are there any tips from you all who are in school ? When you see a patient yourself and perform an physical exam, how do you make your plan and recommendations? What is important? How do you as a student come off as truly wanting to understand and absorb knowledge?

Thank you in advance 🙂