Study Abroad or Exp?

Started by sle3pyguii
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

S

sle3pyguii

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Which would be better: Studying abroad for a semester or getting pharmacy experience?

I was thinking about studying abroad the fall of my application year, so that I could get back for interviews (if any). But that would be one semester less of pharmacy experience. So what do you guys think?
 
Which would be better: Studying abroad for a semester or getting pharmacy experience?

I was thinking about studying abroad the fall of my application year, so that I could get back for interviews (if any). But that would be one semester less of pharmacy experience. So what do you guys think?

if you have a lot of experience in the first pace, than one semester for study abroad sounds like fun to me. i would go travel for school if i already have at least 6 months or more of pharm experience.

honestly, thts my opinion though. i think if you have exposure to pharmacy setting, there is no reason why you can't have different experiences, esp if they can impact your life in a personal way. who is to say that you wouldnt grow maturely as a person if you didnt study abroad. i told in my touro interview that my study abroad trip helped me open my mind to other people and how the study abroad program helped me realize that a person is multifaceted and it helps me communicate with people better in a sense that i become less judgmental because i may realize the person i am talking to is a total genius, even if i didnt think so at first.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Definately study abroad if you have the opportunity to do so. 🙂 I think it builds character and is an irreplacable experience. Schools are looking at more than just GPA, PCAT scores, and pharm experience - they want well rounded, personable individuals.

Have a great time if you choose to go (I went to Spain two years ago and absolutely loved it!!! I miss it like crazy!!).
 
studying abroad, hands down

I'm a 1st year at Touro U, and I have classmates with no prior pharmacy experience.

I've been abroad a few times but never studied there so I'm sure studying there would be even a more worthwhile experience! I backpacked for a month about 5 years ago and it was such an awesome experience! There really is nothing like experiencing a different country!
 
I studied abroad my junior year and it was the best decision I ever made. You will be fine without that semester of experience. Enjoy your time away!